TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Definition of "Personal Information"
“Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual. This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email address, bank information, credit card information, and information relating to your WORKHUB account. It may also include other types of more technical information, but only when this information can identify you as an individual.
Information that is aggregated and/or de-identified and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
2. Personal Information Collection
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including directly from you, from other sources and automatically through online technologies.
a. Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect information directly from you when you use the Website or otherwise interact with us, including information you provide to us.
- When you register on our Website, you generally provide registration information, such as your name, street address, email address, phone number, username, password, and credit card information.
- We collect information about your use of our services, including about the transactions you complete.
- When you contact us with an inquiry, issue, request, or complete a satisfaction survey, we collect the information you provide.
- When you create an account and license our software or course materials.
- When you load certificates, policies, training, or other information or acquire our products.
- When you take surveys, exams, or approve policies or procedures.
b. From Other Sources
We may collect personal information from other sources, including your employer or former employer.
- When you request your data transferred from another company.
c. Information We Collect Automatically through Online Technologies
We may also collect certain types of information automatically when you interact with our Website, emails, social media accounts and online advertising, through technologies such as cookies, web beacons or single pixel gifs or analytics engines. We treat this information as personal information when it can identify you as an individual.
We may collect information automatically online as follows:
- Web Beacons. To help us (and in some cases our advertisers and third-party service providers) keep track of how users are accessing particular pages or features within our Website, and to track how users respond to ads and to other content we display on our Website, we may place a small file, called a web beacon, on some of our pages and on some of the listings and ads we distribute. We may also place a web beacon in the emails we send to you. When you open one of our emails or click on links within these emails, we track this click-through data to help us determine your interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications to you.
- Web Analytics. We may collect, or have a third party collect on our behalf, data on how visitors use and navigate through our Website, such as the number of users who visit various pages within our Website, what they click on, whether they scroll up or down on particular pages, fill out forms, etc. We use this information to improve our Website and learn about users, and may disclose it to our affiliates, or to third parties.in a summary form where no personal identifiers are included.
To learn more about the privacy choices available to you, please refer to the Opting Out section.
3. Use of Personal Information
We generally use your personal information to provide the services offered through our Website, and to administer our relationship with you. We may also use personal information to manage our business operations, to improve our Website and our services, to communicate information and marketing material we think might interest you, to enhance your customer experience with us, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
a. Providing the Services offered through our Website
We use your personal information in order to provide the services offered through our Website and software, for instance:
- Completing your account registration, verifying your identity and determining your eligibility to use our services;
- Taking or verifying instructions from you;
- Processing your transactions;
- Creating, administering, and maintaining your account;
- Fulfilling your requests and inquiries.
An administrator may assign you an account, login information and tasks from your employer. In such cases the administrator will set up your initial account and we will ask for additional information when you login to use the service.
b. Managing Our Business
We use your personal information to manage our business, for instance:
c. Marketing and Advertising
We may use your personal information to market our services and our Website.
We may do this in a variety of ways:
- By communicating with you by email, telephone, SMS, through our software or direct mail to inquire about your experience on our Website, to provide you with information about our services. From time to time, we may also send you special promotions and other commercial offers that we think may be of interest to you.
- By delivering online advertisements, including through our participation in advertising networks that collect the data from your activities on our Website and other websites and receive data from other sources; and
- By customizing the content displayed when you visit our Website.
For information on managing your marketing preferences, including unsubscribing from receiving commercial electronic messages, please refer to the Opting Out section.
d. Conducting Market Research and Data Analytics
We may use your personal information in order to conduct market research and data analytics by tracking and analyzing current or previously collected information for the following purposes:
- Improving or developing new services and our Website to better understand our customer base and behaviour;
- Understanding customer needs and preferences and customizing how we tailor and market products and services to our customers based on their interests;
- Measuring the effectiveness of our marketing; and
- Understanding how visitors interact with our Website and ensure it works correctly.
When possible, we will use your information in an aggregated and/or de-identified format so that it no longer identify you.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
a. Within our Corporate Group
b. Service Providers
In the course of providing our services, we may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers help us operate our business, technology systems and applications, internal procedures, infrastructure and advertising and marketing. They provide services to us, such as fulfilling transactions, processing credit card payments, sending emails and postal mail, call centres, data hosting, contest administration, providing advertisements, and analytics services (e.g. tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and analyzing usage of our Website). We require these service providers to limit their access to and/or use of personal information to what is required to provide their services and require that those third parties adhere to confidentiality as well as security procedures and protections. Some of our service providers may be in the United States. When your personal information is used or stored in a jurisdiction outside of Canada, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
c. Sale or Transfer of Business or Other Transaction
We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, reorganization or financing of parts of our business (including the proceedings of insolvency or bankruptcy). In the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information, in compliance with applicable laws.
d. Other Permitted Reasons
Applicable laws may permit or require the disclosure of personal information without consent in specific circumstances (e.g., when investigating and preventing suspected or actual illegal activities, including fraud, or to assist government and law enforcement agencies). These circumstances include situations when permitted or required by law or when necessary to protect our group of companies, our employees, our customers, or others. If this happens, we will not share more personal information than is reasonably required to fulfill that particular purpose.
5. Your Consent
For information on how to manage your privacy preferences, please refer to the Opting Out section.
6. Opting Out
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, without such consent, we may limit the services we are able to provide.
As a paying user of our software you may always opt out from receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us as at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, in compliance with applicable laws (e.g., for customer service). The free or trial version of our software includes marketing communications. To opt out of these communications you will need to terminate and cancel your free or trial account by sending an email requesting account termination to email@example.com.
7. Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, except where otherwise required or permitted by law or to permit our ongoing relationship. Once no longer required, your personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized (so the information no longer identifies you).
8. Access and Correction
You have the right to access and correct the personal information we hold about you. Upon request, WORKHUB will provide you with access to your personal information and respond to your rectification request within a reasonable timeframe. You may request access or correction by logging into your account or contacting us at Support@workhub.com.
We employ organizational, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information and to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, in light of, among other things, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. These safeguards also apply when we dispose of or destroy your personal information.
10. Transfer of Personal Information outside of Canada
In certain cases, we may transfer your personal information outside of Canada, including if our service providers need to access, process or store your personal information in the United States. When your personal information is used or stored in a jurisdiction outside of Canada, it may be subject to the law of this foreign jurisdiction, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
12. Contact Us
Still have questions?
Let our knowledgeable sales team give you a full product tour and answer any specific questions you may have.